7/29/11

Prayer: on a cloudy, rainy summer's night



H/T to faithful reader MS for sharing her prayer with us tonight...

I look up at the night sky
looking for the stars- the moon-
for stability, hope,
something to believe in

like my fears and the darkness within me
there is a vast gray above-
hiding that hope- those twinkling glimpses of light

help me to trust
in hope and faith and love-
when I cannot see it
when I cannot feel it

help me to find that strength
that is YOU inside me:
that light, that hope, that love.



Image: SarahMaidofAlbion

 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks "MS", faithful reader.

    Absolutely beautiful prayer ...
    one that I will hang onto.

    Hope you know that you are a
    gifted writer. I'm sure your
    words echo what many feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are blessed MS because you already have what many only hope for, the knowledge of the beauty behind the darkness. May you find peace and feel the many prayers that surround you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, Anonymous-
    I appreciate what you said, but I am also struggling with it because I just don't feel that I do have "the knowledge of the beauty behind the darkness", as you said.
    I WANT to, but so much hides it and makes it very hard, and sometimes impossible, to see. I am still trying- it just makes me sad a lot.

    thank you again-

    and thank you too Sami.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!