8/8/11

Nature's Web Design

On FaceBook, a parishioner posted some beautiful photos she took recently and I'm grateful for her permission to share them here.

Such simple, elegant natural beauty, Ginny - thank you!

(Be sure to click on each image for a larger, clearer version!)

Photo: GSW
The Spider's Web

The spider, dropping down from twig,
 Unfolds a plan of her devising,
 A thin premeditated rig
 To use in rising.

 And all that journey down through space,
 In cool descent and loyal hearted,
 She spins a ladder to the place
 From where she started.

 Thus I, gone forth as spiders do
 In spider's web a truth discerning,
 Attach one silken thread to you
 For my returning.

- E.B. White


Photo: GSW

Photo: GSW



 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic and I love this poem too.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Aren't they exquisite!!! Wishing you well! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be thinking about this all day. Thank you. What a lovely poem. I may have to finally read "Charlotte's Web". :)

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!