8/17/11

Prayer for My Child's Surgery

Image: Way of Prayer

Here's another prayer from Alden Solovy that many might find helpful. It's likely that most of us know someone in our own family or circle of friends who might benefit from these words. (For newcomers: Alden is of the Jewish faith and follows the custom of not printing G-d's name in full.)

For My Child’s Surgery

G-d of health and healing,
I surrender my daughter /son to the physician’s hand,
The surgeon’s knife,
The nurse’s care,
Placing her / his body in the cradle of others,
Just as I pray for you to hold her / his soul with Your loving hands.

Bless her / his surgeon with a steady hand,
Keen vision and a passion for healing.
Bless her / his caregivers with wisdom and skill,
With compassion, focus and dedication.
Bless our family with ease and comfort,
Energy and endurance, tranquility and peace.

Source of life,
Bring Your healing power to my daughter / son
_______________ (child’s name in Hebrew or your native tongue).
Remove her / his pain,
Relieve her / his distress,
And cure her / his body, mind and spirit.
Bless her / him with strength, courage and hope
So that she / he may know life and health,
Joy and love.
And grant her / him a full and speedy recovery.

Blessed are You, G-d of mystery,
Source health and healing.

© 2011 Alden Solovy and To Bend Light. All rights reserved.




   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

5 comments:

  1. I love Alden's work - totally love his work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful prayer...I have filed it away as I will undoubtedly need it myself or to share it one day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work with a little girl, 9 months old, who will be having surgery in September...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this prayer I needed it for my Grandaughter going into surgery this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unknown on 4/26: You're welcome! I'll join in praying for your granddaughter. You might also want to follow the link to the author's site, Alden Solovy, to thank him.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!