10/17/11

Monday Morning Offering - 165


Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

I offer you my thanks
for your divine imagination,
your playful wisdom shaping
earth, its seasons and their beauty...

Who first knew your plan
for shorter days and autumn chill
to sap the summer's chlorophyll
from leafy, shady boughs?

A gift of longer nights,
these hidden hues now bared
expose on every branch your hand
waving blessings on October's breeze...

I see revealed in summer's loss,
in each tree's seasoned death,
a glory of gold and russets 
rustling purple patches, crimson crowned

and fall's late light filtered
through leaves glowing from within:
all so simple, as if your hand,
divine, had not designed it all...

When my hope's summered green
fades, Lord, paint my soul in
autumn hues, illumn'd with light
whose only source is you...

I offer you my thanks
for every leaf that sighs and falls
and pads the path I walk
and wander in your grace...

Amen.


 (For an archive of previous Monday Morning Offerings,
check here or click on the coffee cup at the top of the sidebar...)





 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

2 comments:

  1. Your morning offerings are always a joy to read, but this one is just plain gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!