10/9/11

Night Prayer


Photo by Geraint Smith

 

Day is done, Lord...


The sun has set

on this day's joys and sadness,

and all the unfinished business

that must rest until tomorrow...


For the best of this day

I give you the praise,

and for my sins this day
I ask your mercy and pardon...


Grant me the blessing, Lord,

of a peaceful night,

deep, refreshing sleep

and sweet dreams to hold me...


Send angels, Lord,

to sweep worries from mind,

fears from my heart

and troubled memories from my soul.


Stand guard with all

who through this night
keep vigil watch

for the world's peace.


Day is done:

be with me, Lord, and with those I love
,
'til the sun shall rise again...




 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect prayer for the end of the day! This one's going to be framed and be at my bedside. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!