11/7/11

Morning Offering - 168


Coffee in the Morning by George Mendoza

Good morning, good God...

The chill, the rain, the wind
claim all the leaves
save those whose hold
will not release 'til you, Lord,
say the word and then
they'll fall, spiraling
in autumn's letting go

when holding on to warmth gone by
may seem survival's only path
but you know more than I, Lord,
you know my letting go may be
my only way to hold all I keep dear
and all I dearly need...

Help my letting go, Lord...

I offer you my hold on things,
my stored up fears and tears,
my grip on hurts I won't let go
that won't let go of me...

I offer you my fear of falling,
letting go
my heart into your hands,
my hope into your promise
to catch me in your arms...

I offer you and make my own
the prayer of falling leaves
and autumn's trust you'll hold me
through the winter's cold as I let go
my hold on all but hope of spring...

Gather all the falling leaves
and all the pleas that spiral from my heart
on this November Monday morn, this day
and all this week...

Amen.

(Click here for an archive of Monday Morning Offerings)

 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. I needed to pray this today and will again and again.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!