11/8/11

Your parish lectors NEED this book!


 If your parish does not already supply each of your lectors with Liturgy Training Publication's

Workbook for Lectors, Gospel Readers and Proclaimers of the Word

please do anything and everything you can to see that this book is placed in your lectors' (and deacons' and priests') hands!

This excellent publication offers:
- the three readings for all Sundays and selected solemnities and feasts, including the Triduum
- each reading is arranged in sense lines, as in the lectionary and book of the gospels
- in all the readings those words to be emphasized are bolded
- provided for each reading are sidebar comments on how to proclaim the text at hand, and pronunciation helps for difficult words and names
- provided for each reading is a brief commentary to help the lector understand the text
- and more!

I'm pleased to note that Graziano Marcheschi and Nancy Seitz Marcheschi have returned as editors for the 2012 edition of LTP's annual publication for proclaimers of the Word.

Information for ordering the Workbook for Lectors can be found here.

The Workbook is available in three editions: a U.S. edition based on the NAB; a Canadian edition based on the NRSV and a Spanish edition based on the Mexican Lectionary.

AT $13.00 per copy, this resource is worth much more than its cost - and discounts are available for quantity sales.


P.S.
I'm not sure what the connection might be but I note that the Marcheschi's have dedicated this year's Workbook to the men's a cappella group from Indiana University: Straight No Chaser - one of my favorites!


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

3 comments:

  1. That book is essential. I have one at home and one at my desk at work... I use it all the time. And I love the Straight No Chaser connection!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one on my desk in the office,
    next to my computer at home,
    in my car - and - I tear out the current pages every week and carry them in my pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our lectors have been using this book for years (provided by the parish) It is an invaluable resource!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!