2/22/12

Homily for Ash Wednesday


I love Ash Wednesday!

It's a long day, a repetitive day, but also a day of opportunity for grace and a new beginning. I know it's always a day of grace for me and I pray it's the same for all the people who come to prayer this day. In my parish there was Mass at 7:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. We also offered a children's Word service at 3:00 p.m.

Although I almost always preach from a text, I don't think I've ever done that on Ash Wednesday, a moment so rich with possibilities for a homily.  For Ash Wednesday, I prepare my thoughts but don't write them down.

So, here's my third homily of the day, recorded at the evening Eucharist. You'll have to listen to make some sense out of the photo!




 

 
 Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!