2/27/12

Monday Morning Offering - 182


Coffee in the Morning by George Mendoza

Lent is a penitential season: a time to: remember our sins, ask for God's mercy and change our hearts. As the first full week of Lent begins, make a plan for celebrating the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Check your parish schedule for the times of Confessions and Penance Services. This MMO might help you enter the penitential spirit of the season.

Good morning, good God!

In the spirit of this holy season, Lord,
I offer you a contrite heart...

I don't understand the mystery of your mercy, Lord:
how you love me even in my sins;
how you never fail to see the good in me;
how you always find something in me to love;
how you never cease to reach out, gently,
to rescue me from my selfish ways,
to bring me home to your embrace,
to mend what is broken in me,
to heal what is sick,
to forgive what is sinful...

I don't understand, Lord,
but I'm always grateful for the depth of mercy
you never fail to offer me...

So this morning, Lord,
I offer you my contrite heart...

So great is your love for me,
so exquisite the delight you take in me,
so taken are you with how my soul
that even when I forget, when I tarnish,
when I deny your beauty within me,
you call me back to your grace
and offer me your pardon...

So this morning, Lord,
I offer you my contrite heart...

Help me remember that you meet me
just where I need you:
where I'm rough-edged,
you come to smooth me;
where I'm broken,
you come to mend me;
where I'm weak,
you come to strengthen me;
where I'm sick,
you come to heal me;
where I've sinned,
you come to forgive me...

And so I offer you my contrite heart...

Forgive my sins, Lord,
and nurture what is good within me:
be gentle in receiving the heart I offer you
for it's a broken and contrite heart...

Help me forgive those who have hurt me, Lord,
and to see what is good within them,
to see what you love in them:
let me be gentle in welcoming them
into my contrite heart...

Help me to trust in the mystery of your mercy, Lord,
in the mystery of your merciful and sacred Heart...

I offer you my contrite heart, O God,
this morning, this day, tonight
and through this season of Lent...

I offer you my contrite heart:
a broken and contrite heart, O Lord,
you will not turn away...

Amen.


Create In Me A Clean Heart by Kim Collingsworth on Grooveshark       Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!