2/24/12

Somewhere over the rainbow...

The Ark of Noah by Heqi

The first scripture this Sunday picks up the story of Noah's ark, just as the flood subsides and God establishes a covenant of peace with Noah and his family and descendants.  The sign of the covenant is the rainbow!
God said to Noah and to his sons with him:
"See, I am now establishing my covenant with you
and your descendants after you
and with every living creature that was with you:
all the birds, and the various tame and wild animals
that were with you and came out of the ark...
"This is the sign that I am giving for all ages to come,
of the covenant between me and you
and every living creature with you:
I set my bow in the clouds to serve as a signof the covenant between me and the earth...
For the full text of that passage and the other readings (and brief commentary on them), see this earlier post.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!