3/15/12

Praying 10 Minutes a Day: Third Week/Thursday

Image source

Sometimes when I'm praying, I imagine the Lord sitting next to me on a park bench, in a quiet place, on a beautiful day.

Sometimes we just sit there together, the Lord and I, in the silence...

Sometimes I pour out my heart to him 
and share my troubles and worries...

He listens...

Sometimes I savor recent joys or moments of peace 
and offer him my thanks...

Sometimes I just listen...  and he speaks from his heart to mine...

And sometimes when I listen I hear nothing 
except the simple silence of his presence 
and, often, that's word enough to bring me peace...

Sometimes, he and I just sit...

One thing I know: 
he's always there on the park bench waiting for me.
He's always on time, he's never in a hurry 
and he's willing to stay as long as I like...

When you pray, 
do you have an image of you and the Lord together?  

You might find it helpful to imagine you and the Lord together
and how you might be with one another when you come to pray...

You might even spend your 10 minutes in prayer today 
just asking the Lord
to help you find an image of your being with him in prayer...


Are you new to "Praying 10 Minutes a Day in Lent" - or are you having trouble getting started?  The first installment offers some thoughts on getting started, as do the subsequent posts in the series.  So take a look and join us!  
 







 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!