4/23/12

Monday Morning Offering - 189


Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

I find my eyes wide open, searching
hints of spring along my way:
greening branches, too long brown 
but leafy now with beauty 
to seduce a wintered soul... 

I pray my heart will open, hungry
for hope that sprouts within
from seeds of promise, planted deep
by your hand, Lord, and watered fresh
with tears from my soul's spring...

Turn, till and tend with care 
the soil of my heart and soul and 
nurture all you've planted: bring to bloom
the shoots of hope that long 
for summer's sun and warmth...

Receive my morning offering, Lord,
my prayer for springtime's grace 
and grow in me the gifts I need to yield 
the fruit, the flowers, the harvest, 
the goodness of your life within...

Amen.


(Click here for an archive of Monday Morning Offerings)


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

1 comment:

  1. I did read your offering this morning, but my Monday did not start very well- and it threw my whole day off-

    but...
    I look forward to tomorrow morning, and reading this again, and having a new start, another chance...

    thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!