4/26/12

Praying 10 minutes today: April 26

Set aside some time for prayer...
find a quiet place...
take a few deep breaths...
be still... and know that God is near...

A word to reflect on:
Bend my heart to do your will
and not to love of gain.
Keep my eyes from what is false:
by your word, give me life...  - Psalm 119


Bend my heart today, Lord,
   to see you more clearly, love you more dearly,
      follow you more nearly...
Bend my heart to know you, 
   to understand -and to do- what you ask of me...
Keep my gaze from what's false, 
  from whatever leads me off the path of your truth... 
Open me to your word, Lord,
   to the counsel I need,  
      to the wisdom that is only yours to give...
Bend my heart to your will
   and open my eyes to the light of your presence...
Bend my heart to the stillness, Lord,
   and help me know that you are my God,  
      that you are near...


This is a simpler form of my Lenten prayer series.  If you find these daily reminders helpful, please let me know.  And here are some tips for praying 10 minutes a day...


   

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!