5/1/12

Praying 10 minutes a day: Wednesday 5/2

Set aside some time for prayer... find a quiet place... take a few deep breaths... be still... and know that God is near...

A word to reflect on:  
I will not enter the house where I live nor go to the bed where I rest.   I will give no sleep to my eyes, to my eyelids I will give no slumber till I find a place for the Lord...    - Psalm 132 


What place have I found in my life for you, Lord?
What part of my day do I set aside to be with you,
   to sit and talk with you?
Do I have a place for you in all the things I do each morning,
   as I get ready to face the day?
Do I save a seat for you on the train or in my car 
   as I go to work?
When I'm home alone for the day,
   do I invite you share my morning coffee?  
Have I a place for you in my heart
   with all its hurts and burdens, its hopes and joys?
Have I a place in my mind for your word,
   your truth, your wisdom?
Do I find a place for you at the end of my day,
   in prayer, as my eyes grow heavy 
      and I lay me down to sleep?
I know you have a place in your day for me, Lord...
I know you have a place in your heart
   for me to rest my weary heart and find some peace...
I know you're never too busy to find a time and place
   to sit with me... to be with me... 
      to listen to me...   to speak to me...
Help me find a place today, Lord, 
   to slow down and be with you, if only for a few minutes...
Help me find some time and a place to be still,
   before this day is done...
And in the stillness, help me find a place for you
   in my mind and heart, in my fears and troubles
      and in my hopes and dreams...  
Help me be still today, Lord,
   and in the quiet, help me find a place for you...

Here are some tips for praying 10 minutes a day and a link to the Lenten series from which these daily posts originated.  If you find these daily prayer reminders helpful, please let me know - and share them with others.  You'll find an archive of these daily posts here.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!