5/9/12

Praying 10 minutes today: Wednesday 5/9

Find a quiet time and place to pray... take a few deep breaths... be still  and know that God is near...

A word to reflect on:   
The Wisdom of God can do all things and renews everything while herself enduring.  Indeed, she reaches from end to end mightily and governs all things well...    Wisdom 7:27; 8:1


Do I dare ask for Wisdom, Lord?
Do I truly want to be wise in thought, in word, in deed?
Wisdom comes at no small cost:
to welcome her into my heart
   is to bid goodbye to my soul's foolish adolescence,
      my selfish pride, my reliance on myself for truth...
A demanding and jealous lover is Wisdom:
   she will countenance no other claims upon my heart,
      but will ask for all I have to give
         in return for more than I might hope or dream...
She will seduce me with the truth and show me
   the simplest of paths to peace...
She will shine in the darkest corners of my mind
   with a clear bright light, undimmed by lies...
She will call me to be true to God,
   to others' needs before my own
      and to myself...
She will train my eyes to see what's true, what's just,
   what's pure: deserving of my will and love...
A demanding and jealous lover,
   she will countenance no other claims upon my heart...
Do I dare invite your Wisdom, Lord, to settle in my soul?
   dwell deeply in my thoughts?  take hold my heart's desires?
And if I don't, dare I chance to live in selfish pride,
   a foolish life, ruled by my dull thoughts?
Send Wisdom to my arms, Lord,
   to renew me from the inside out,
      to govern all things well within my soul,
         to endure beyond my foolish ways
            and keep me in the grace of God...
Give me courage to dare to ask for Wisdom:
   may she lead me to a quiet place today...
      may she slow me down and open me
         to hear your word and truth...
In the stillness of my prayer, Lord,
   may Wisdom settle in my soul
      and take me as her own..


Here are some tips for praying 10 minutes a day and a link to the Lenten series from which these daily posts originated.  If you find these daily prayer reminders helpful, please let me know - and share them with others.  You'll find an archive of these daily posts here.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!