5/30/12

Praying 10 minutes today: WEDNESDAY/May 30

Find a quiet time and place to pray... take a few deep breaths... be still  and know that God is near...

A word to reflect on:   

Answer me when I call, my saving God.
When troubles hem me in, set me free;
take pity on me, hear my prayer.


I have troubles and hurts that hem me in:
   the burdens of grief and loss...
How does this empty place within
   weigh so heavy in the balance of my soul?
I call on you, Lord,
   and pray you'll set me free...
You see how quickly my hands spring 
   to cover and protect, to hide the wounded place within,
      to hide from my own eyes the pain I know so well,
         the hurt become my sole companion... 
In this quiet time, alone with you, Lord,
   unveil my heart  (don't wait for me to do it)
      and with your gentle hand begin to mend
         what only you can heal... 
Touch my heart with mercy,
   refresh my days with joy 
      and favor my nights with sleep and good dreams...
Let me find, let me hope again
   for that serenity, that inner peace
      that I knew once and need so much to know again...
Help me hold the memory of grace I've known
   and let go whatever keeps me locked
      in pain and in the past...
I know you hear me, Lord,
   and I know you want to set me free...
Give me strength and courage, the desire
   to open to your touch, 
      your grace upon my mind and heart...
Open the eyes of my soul to see, today,
   the peace which will be mine again...
In these quiet moments of prayer,
   help me to be still, to know your presence, Lord,
      and to receive what's yours to give...

Here are some tips for praying 10 minutes a day.  If you find these daily prayer reminders helpful, please let me know - and share them with others.  You'll find an archive of these daily posts here.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!