6/20/12

A beautiful sound is muted...



Just yesterday I posted a photo of Cape Cod taken from the international space station. It was just shortly after posting that image that I learned that Lee Childs had died. Lee was a fine jazz musician and played several nights a week at Embargo in Hyannis. Lee's on the left in the photo above with his keyboard companion, Kurt Wenzel. This duo has played all over the Cape and in Boston, including a regular gig on Sunday afternoons at the Top of the Hub in the Prudential tower.

Lee knew I how much I like Dave Brubeck and anytime I walked into Embargo, within 10 or 15 minutes he and Kurt would be pulling out some Brubeck tunes.  A great musical sound has been muted to silence and a fine human being is no longer with us.  I pray that Lee will know the harmony of God's peace forever.

Gonna miss the Brubeck, Lee!

Take 5 by Dave Brubeck on Grooveshark



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments: