6/14/12

Praying 10 minutes today: THURSDAY 6/14

 











Something new...

Beginning today, you'll find (after the reflection) 
   a few questions to ponder and pray over...  
I hope these will be helpful for your daily prayer.

As always, find a quiet time and place to pray...  
   take a few deep breaths...  be still... 
      and know that God is near...

A word to reflect on:   
I bless the Lord who counsels me; even at night my heart exhorts me. 
I keep the Lord always before me; with him at my right hand, 
I shall never be shaken.  - Psalm 16

I know what the psalm says, Lord,
but still, I'm often shaken...
I'm shaken by what I see around me in the world
and in the Church, in my city, in my family
and in myself...

Fear and anxiety are sometimes nearly daily visitors
to my mind and heart, 
upsetting my faith, my trust and the balance in my step 
as I walk the path that's mine to follow...

Open me more than ever, Lord, 
to the wisdom in your words, 
to your counsel in my thoughts and prayer,
to the courage you offer to help me walk each day, 
a step at a time, trusting you're always by my side...

And you are right there, Lord:
always before me, beside me, behind me,
   above, below and deep within me...
Whether I feel your presence or fear you've left me,
I know in faith you'll never forget me,
never leave me or abandon me, 
especially when I most need you
to be there with me and for me...

Even on the darkest of nights, a dark night in my soul, 
I know the way and will not fall
because even when I cannot see your light
I can reach out and take your hand 
and in its grasp know that I am not alone, that you are with me
and that you'll see me safe to dawn...

Through the night, Lord, heal and calm me,
that when I wake I'll rise renewed, refreshed
and strengthened by your gifts, 
given even while I sleep...

I bless the Lord who counsels me; 
even at night my heart exhorts me. 
I keep the Lord always before me; with him at my right hand, 
I shall never be shaken.

In this quiet time of prayer, deepen my faith
and make me strong to face what shakes and troubles my soul,
what trips my step and tempts me to doubt what I deeply trust:
that in the stillness you are near, Lord,
that you are here, ever faithful in your love for me
and always by my side...

To ponder and pray over...
What "daily demons" are troubling me right now?
What's tipping my balance as I walk this day's path? 
What will I ask of the Lord today?
From this prayer time, what word or phrase will I keep with me
   to carry through the rest of my day?
(After you spend some time with these questions,
   pray the reflection above one more time...)


Here are some tips for praying 10 minutes a day.  If you find these daily prayer reminders helpful, please let me know - and share them with others.  You'll find an archive of these daily posts here.

   
   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!