7/17/12

Praying 10 minutes today: TUESDAY 7/17



Find a quiet time and place to pray... take a few deep breaths...
be still... and know that God is near...


A word to reflect on:   
Lord, make me know your ways.
Lord, teach me your paths.
Make me walk in your truth
and teach me:
for you are God my savior...
- Psalm 25




(Before moving on to the reflection below,
   spend some quiet time with the scripture verse above...) 

Teach me your ways, Lord,
   teach me your paths... 

Make of my heart a classroom, Lord:
   be my teacher, my instructor,
      my mentor in life's mysteries.
And in the classroom of my heart
   make of me a good student:
      attentive, faithful and eager to learn...

Give me a hunger for knowledge
   of you and your word and your law;
give me a thirst for learning
   your wisdom and counsel;
school me in your Spirit's ways
    in the ways of trust and faith...

Help me learn how your law gives life:
train my heart to listen for your word,
      to discern your truth, 
         to understand your judgment...

Train me as your student, Lord: make me your disciple, 
   walking the path of peace,
      seeking the way of justice...

Call on me to recite your praises.
Refresh me with the joy of learning,
   of growing in the knowledge and love of your rule...

Teach me your ways, Lord,
   teach me your paths...
  
Probe, test and examine my heart:
   make note of my mistakes, correct my errors
      and reveal the right answers 
         where mine have been wrong...

Erase from my heart's slate
   all my sins and failings, 
      my failure to study your Word.
In your mercy wash me clean
      and write upon my heart
         the word you have for me today...

No soul's too old to learn your ways
   so teach my heart to follow your path
      more closely, more faithfully, in trust...

No mind's too learned to draw and drink deeply
   from the well of your wisdom:
         open my mind to the depths of your truth... 

No heart's too cold to be warmed by the fire
   of your Spirit's counsel and gifts:
      send your Spirit to teach me your ways, O Lord...

In the quiet of my prayer
   I am a student of your grace.
In the stillness of this moment
   speak the word I need to hear today.
In my prayer right now, Lord,
   help me know what you want me to learn...

Teach me your love
   and let your love be the law of my heart...

Teach me your law and let me find joy
   in keeping your commandments...

Fill me with joy, Lord,
   in learning your ways and walking your path...
  
To ponder and pray over...
Do I sometimes think I'm smarter than God?
Which of God's lessons is hardest for me to learn? 
How do I need to become a more attentive student of the Lord?
What will I ask of the Lord today?
From this prayer time, what word or phrase will I keep with me
   to carry through the rest of my day?

(After you spend some time with these questions,
   pray the reflection above one more time...)


Here are some tips for praying 10 minutes a day.  If you find these daily prayer reminders helpful, please let me know - and share them with others.  You'll find an archive of these daily posts here.

 
 
   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!