7/24/12

Praying 10 minutes today: WEDNESDAY 7/25


Find a quiet time and place to pray... take a few deep breaths...
be still... and know that God is near...



A word to reflect on:   
Fill us at daybreak with your kindness,
   that we may shout for joy and gladness
      all our days...
- Psalm 90





(Before moving on to the reflection below,
   spend some quiet time with the scripture verse above...)
  
Wake me before the alarm clock rings
and rouse me to a new day, rain or shine;
fill me at daybreak with your kindness, Lord,
and let the sun rise in my heart...

Even in my dreams, Lord, fill me with your peace
and calm my soul before the dawn's first light;
before my eyes are open, when I'm still half asleep,
stir my mind to thoughts of how this day's your gift to me...

If clouds above or clouds within should tempt my heart 
to doubt if you are with me, at my side:
shake me wide awake and pierce the mist
that veils and hides your face...

At daybreak fill me with your kindness
and give my heart a day's supply of hope and trust;
let my first thoughts be of your name, Lord,
my first words give praise to you for this day's light...

At daybreak, fill me with your Spirit's gifts
to help me face whatever comes my way
and give me strength and faith in you 
and in your promise to be with me every step along my path...

At daybreak, fill me with the grit I need
to face whatever I might fear or hide from:
remind me that I'm not alone, that with you, Lord,
and by your side I need not be afraid...

At daybreak, pull me from my bed and set me on my feet:
shower me with grace until I'm wide-eyed, braced 
and ready for a brand new day, a day I've never known,
the day that you have readied for my soul...

At daybreak, Lord, fill me with your kindness
and lead me to the joy and gladness this day holds:
help me find the peace that this day brings,
let no trace of your love fail to catch my eye... 

Fill me at daybreak with your kindness,
   that I may shout for joy and gladness all my days...

Help me trust that you are with me through the night,
that you are there long before I wake,
keeping careful vigil for my rest and sleep and dreams...
In the quiet of my prayer, Lord, 
waken my soul to your face
and open my heart to your kindness and your love...
In the stillness, refresh my trust in your presence
and waken me to rise and walk with confidence
with you at my side and in my heart...

When worries and sleepless nights drain me of my peace,
fill me with your kindness, Lord, with your gifts, your grace
and all I need to live this day and find my joy in you... 

To ponder and pray over...
What in my heart keeps me from facing a new day with joy?
What help do I need from the Lord as I begin a new day?
With what might I ask the Lord to fill my heart - today?
What will I ask of the Lord today?
From this prayer time, what word or phrase will I keep with me
   to carry through the rest of my day?

(After you spend some time with these questions,
   pray the reflection above one more time...)

Here are some tips for praying 10 minutes a day.  If you find these daily prayer reminders helpful, please let me know - and share them with others.  You'll find an archive of these daily posts here.

 
 
   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!