8/11/12

Praying 10 minutes today: SATURDAY 8/11


Find a quiet time and place to pray... take a few deep breaths...
be still... and know that God is near...


A word to reflect on:   
The Lord heals the brokenhearted
   and binds up all their wounds...
- Psalm 146








(Before moving on to the reflection below,
   spend some quiet time with the scripture verse above...)

You're the Divine Physician, Lord,
   you're the doctor of my heart and soul,
      you're the healer of all broken hearts,
         and you bind up the wounds that drain us of our peace and life...

Mend the broken places in my heart, Lord:
   places where others have roughly trod,
   places broken by my own carelessness,
   places ragged with wear and tear,
   and places weakened by all my foolishness...

Mend my heart's chipped edges and smooth away
   the grit that grates on my soul's peace
     and robs me of contentment...

Heal the wounds just freshly suffered, Lord,
   and heal the old wounds,
      the pain I feed with grudges and resentment...

Heal the wounds that open easily
   when memories haunt and dreams stir up
      old stories thought forgotten...

Heal the wounds and mend the brokenness
   known only to you and me Lord:
     the wounds I try to hide from others' eyes,
     the brokenness I've learned to manage,
        lest others know the challenges I live with...

Heal and strengthen me where I am weak, Lord:
   make me strong where I've been broken,
   make me whole where I've been hurt,
   make me well where I've been sick at heart...

Bind up what needs support, Lord,
   and bandage all my scrapes and scars;
support my halting steps
   and nurse my soul, with grace, to health...

I have no wounds, no brokenness unknown to you,
   I've nothing left to hide, Lord.
You know my weaknesses inside out,
   you know where I've been hurt and where I'm broken,
      you know where I need mending and healing...

Give me strength to bare my heart
   to your gentle, healing touch;
Let no fear keep me from reaching
   for your hand to bind my wounds...

You heal the brokenhearted, Lord,
   you bind up all our wounds... 

In the stillness, Lord, help me tell you where it hurts
   and bare my self to see and show my wounds to you
      and seek your healing touch...

In the quiet of my prayer, Lord, physician of my soul,
   examine me and probe with gentleness
      what hurts and aches keeps me from your peace...

Let my desire to be whole remove my every fear
   and let my prayer that you will heal me
lay bare my broken heart
         to all you have to give me...

To ponder and pray over...
Is there brokenness in my heart - today?
Are there wounds within my soul  -today-
   that need God's healing?
What hurt do I fear sharing with the Lord?
What most needs healing, mending, in my life today?
What most needs binding up?
What will I ask of the Lord today?
From this prayer time, what word or phrase will I keep with me
   to carry through the rest of my day?

(After you spend some time with these questions,
   pray the reflection above one more time...)

Here are some tips for praying 10 minutes a day.  If you find these daily prayer reminders helpful, please let me know - and share them with others.  You'll find an archive of these daily posts here.

 
 
   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!