12/5/12

Night prayer after hurried, harried days...

Image source


Pray the prayer three or four times, slowly, 
   letting the words be come the prayer of your heart...


Lord, it is night.
The night is for stillness.
Let us be still
in your presence, O God...


It is night after a long day.
What has been done has been done;
what has not been done has not been done.
Let it be...

The night is dark.
Let our fears of the darkness of the world
and of our own lives
rest in you, O Lord...


The night is quiet, Lord.
Let the quiet of your peace enfold us,
all who are dear to us,
and all who have no peace...


The night heralds the dawn.
Let us look expectantly to a new day,
new joys, new possibilities...


In your name, O Lord, we pray...


Amen.



A simple song for Night Prayer 
 
Take, O Take Me As I Am



Take, O take me as I am,
Summon out what I shall be.
Set your seal upon my heart
and live in me...

- John Bell


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:

  1. hear my prayer, Lord-

    for all whom I love-
    as complicated as that may be-

    for the strangers I have encountered today-
    for their smiles and kind words-

    for my hopes and optimistic expectations for tomorrow...

    thank you, Lord.

    amen.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!