1/31/13

Dormancy



One of my daily reads is Bob Hostetler's Prayer Blog.  His entry for January 31 is a prayer to move us from January into February and it's titled "Dormancy."

I think many, beginning with me, will find it's a prayer that's a good fit for this time of year...

Dormancy
Lord, I feel like I'm in a season of dormancy.
Cold.
Quiet.
Still.
Hidden.
Fruitless.
But I believe that I am here
in your will,
with your knowledge
and blessing.
I am here because you know best.
You know what is good for me,
and you make all things beautiful
in your time.
So thank you for this.
Thank you for the awareness
that I am not alone,
and you have not forgotten me...
that you are working in me
as truly and faithfully
as in those seasons when shoots spring up
and blossoms appear
and fruit is all around.
And when you say the word,
when you decide the time is right,
I will be glad for a new season
of newness and change and growth and fruit,
in Jesus' name, amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

3 comments:

  1. Lord, please be with me and help me pray in this (possible? and scary) time of growth and change-
    and in the still moments when it seems that all has stopped-
    and when it will start again is unknown-
    please help me find peace in these quiet moments-


    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping, Hoss, that some day we'll get to meet in real time!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!