1/6/13

Monday Morning Offering - 221


Image: George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

The holidays are behind us
and the rest of January and a whole new year 
lie ahead...

What will I make of this new year, Lord?

And in this new year, what you will make of me?

You know well the plans you have in mind for me, Lord,
plans for my well-being, not for harm or woe,
but plans for a future full of hope...*

As this year begins, Lord,
show me the plans you have for me
and help me make them my own:
mold me in your wisdom,
straighten any selfish bent,
and lead me to serve my neighbor...

When you call me to prayer and I come to you,
help me trust that you listen and hear my heart's pleas...

When I come looking for you, Lord,
show me your face and give light for my path:
direct my steps, day by day, hour by hour,
to your heart and to your truth...

Take away what keeps me away from you:
make smooth and straight the way
that leads to your side...

Help me seek you with all my heart
and let nothing deter my desire to find you,
to rest in your presence,
to grow in your grace...

Lift me up out of myself and into your arms
and into the lives of those around me:
let me know the embrace of your strength,
the power of your love and your healing touch...

Be the Lord of my desires,
my wishes and dreams;
be the Lord of my priorities
and my daily planner;
be the Lord of my work,
my play and my rest...

Lord, make a time for us to meet every day,
a time to meet and talk
and keep me faithful to that time...

You never leave my side, Lord,
you shepherd my every step:
help me trust that in seeking and following you
I'll find the peace I long for,
the joy for which I thirst...

Give me a new beginning this Monday morning, Lord:
make of this day, this week and this year
a time to grow strong in your wisdom,
in your grace and your love...

Amen.



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:

  1. a new year...
    just seven days in, and I'm already getting ahead of myself-

    (one day at a time...
    one day at a time... )

    SO difficult-

    Lord, it is SO hard to know just what you have in mind for me-
    it is so hard to see what is presented to me, and then, if I CAN see, to choose-
    to decide which to trust, which is right for me-
    which is what YOU want for me- ?

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!