2/5/13

A midday prayer: MONDAY 2/4



The word of the Lord came to me, saying:

   Before I formed you in the womb
      I knew you...
- Jeremiah 1:4 (the first reading from Sunday's Mass)



It's hard for me to wrap my mind around this, Lord,

   so help my heart to understand
      how you knew me before I came to be,  
      how you've loved me since before all time...

And while I'll never grasp the whole of it,
   give me joy in simply pondering, Lord,
      how great and good you are...




   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

1 comment:

  1. I had a problem with this post and needed to republish it. In the first edition a reader commented:

    and maybe it is good, that, "I will never grasp the whole of it"- please, Lord, give ME joy, too, "in simply pondering how great and good you are... " thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!