2/28/13

I am just a weary pilgrim...

(AP Photo/Luca Bruno)

The introductory verse to The Saints Go Marching In:
     "I am just a weary pilgrim, plodding through this world of sin,
     getting ready for that city, where the saints go marching in..."

Pope Benedict XVI, arriving at Castel Gandolfo as his papacy ends:
    "You know this day is different for me than the preceding ones: 
     I am no longer the Supreme Pontiff of the Catholic Church, 
     or I will be until 8 o'clock* this evening and then no more.
     I am simply a pilgrim beginning the last leg of his pilgrimage 
        on this Earth..."


*2:00 p.m. Eastern Time 



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:


  1. ...



    (those little three dots are the only way I could think to show my (initial) silence, and deep breath-

    silence, but thoughtful silence-
    thoughtful, but somehow wordless-

    but still prayerful)



    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!