5/9/13

Pause for Prayer: Pentecost Novena - Day One



We're offering some special prayers, a novena, in preparation for Pentecost Sunday which falls this year on May 19, 2013.  Here's some more info and background on Pentecost and these prayers.



Check out the widget at the top of the sidebar and choose a song to listen to, to help you slow down and lead you to a prayerful quiet place in your mind and heart...




Here's a word from scripture to reflect on:
      But wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable,
         gentle, compliant, and full of mercy...       James 3:17
       
God's gift of wisdom helps me see the world as God sees it,
      to see other people in my life as God sees them,
         to see through God's eyes what's true and what's false... 

Do I want to see life through God's eyes?  through God's heart?
      Am I willing to name the foolishness around me 
         and the foolishness within me,
            for just what it is?
      Will I ask for the gift of wisdom 
             and ask for help to let go my foolish thoughts and ways? 

Let us pray...
   Give me a share of your wisdom, Lord:
      the gift of your Spirit to help me see as you see,
         to understand as you understand,
            to name the truth as you name it,
               to let go my foolish ways and walk on wisdom's path...

Today's Take-Away
   What foolishness in my life is in greatest need of a dose of wisdom?
 



   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!