5/14/13

Pause for Prayer: Pentecost Novena - Day Six



We're offering some special prayers, a novena, in preparation for Pentecost Sunday which falls this year on May 19, 2013.  Here's some more info and background on Pentecost and these prayers.



Check out the widget at the top of the sidebar and choose a song to listen to, to help you slow down and lead you to a prayerful quiet place in your mind and heart...




Here's a word from scripture to reflect on:
                 Therefore, you shall love the LORD, your God, 
                    with all your heart, and with all your soul, 
                       and with all your strength...
                                                          - Deuteronomy 6:5
       
The Spirit's gift of reverence helps me to put God first in my heart -
      - above all others...    
  I might need some time to get my mind around that...

The gift of reverence empowers me to love God with all I have:
      with all my heart, all my soul and all my strength...
   I know I need some time 
      to consider the implications of these familiar words... 

Reverence is the Spirit's gift to help me live as a believer
      in a world where so many seem to have no use for God...

The Spirit's gift of reverence orients my heart to love God 
      and disposes my heart to wisdom, understanding and courage... 

Give me the Spirit's gift of reverence, Lord:
      help me revere you as the Lord of my life, 
         the Shepherd of my soul, the God of my being...
   Shape my heart to reverently welcome you, Lord,
      and to surrender all to you...
   Dispose my heart to reverence all your gifts
      and especially those I need the most...
   May others see in my deeds and hear in my words
      my reverence for you, my God,
         who are all good and deserving of all my love...     

Today's Take-Away
   Might anything about how I reverence the Lord in my daily life
      speak to those around me who have struggle to believe
         or who have lost their faith?
 



   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!