6/21/13

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 6/22



I'm pretty easily disappointed in myself, Lord:
   in what I do and fail to do;
   in what I say and don't say;
   in what I accomplish and what I never get around to...

You know my half-steps and mistakes better than I
   and yet you stay by my side, you love and forgive me;
you pick me up when I trip and fall and fail
   and you never tire of helping me begin again... 

Let me see in myself what you see, Lord:
   that I'm not just some loser, that I'm your chosen;
that you love every effort of mine to live by your word,
   to take the next step and to do what you ask...

Keep me from stumbling over my smallest mistakes, Lord,
   and give me confidence born of my smallest victories;
keep me from making mountains out of molehills 
   and let me see in even a hesitant step a leap in faith towards you...

Amen.




   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

1 comment:

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!