6/3/13

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 6/4




Lord, I'm so easily consumed 
   by my own worries and problems,
      looming larger than life in my fears and my dreams...

I need some perspective, a wider angle, 
   a longer view for seeing what's real,
      what's great and what's small...

Lord, give me perspective through praying for others...

Let me pray for the dying and the critically ill;
   for all those in prison or unjustly bound;
let me pray for the homeless, the poor on the streets,
   those without medicine, water and food...
     
Let me pray for the lonely, forgotten and lost;
   for innocent victims of terror and war;
let me pray for the abandoned, the abused and addicted
   and for all who suffer alone...

Let me pray for those who have no friends,
   no one to lean on when times are tough;
Let me pray for those who have no hope, no faith,
   no God to pray to when worries and problems
      loom larger than life in their fears and dreams...

Give me some perspective, Lord, 
   a wider angle, a longer view for seeing what's real,
      what's great and what's small 
         in my mind and life today...



   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!