7/21/13

Monday Morning Offering: JULY 22


Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

Good God, it's Monday - again!

And once again, you're up before I am, Lord...

It never fails: I turn off the alarm clock
and there you are, sitting at the foot of my bed,
waiting, watching, wanting to be
the first thought of my day...

Forgive me, Lord,
but most days I don't have a first thought
until I've had my first cup of coffee.
So, please, be patient with me,
as you always are,
and give me time to wake
to your presence...

See, Lord, 
it's not only morning
- it's MONDAY morning!

Another week stretches ahead of me
and oh, how I wish the weekend
were another day longer...

(Love those long weekends!)

Where am I going this week, Lord?
Where will you lead me?
What path will you light for me?

Please, Lord, when I walk astray
or try to take the short-cut,
prod me, pull me, push me back
where I belong, where I should be heading,
even (especially!) if that path should be the one
I'm least inclined to follow...

Most of all, Lord,
walk with me,
by my side...

When I'm confused and lost,
guide me with your wisdom and counsel,
with the truth of your Word...

When darkness shades my steps,
shine the light of your face upon me... 

When I'm lost and cannot find the way,
teach me to ask you for directions

When I don't want to take another step -
when I don't want to take the first step -
whisper your encouragement 
in my mind and heart...

When the path ahead frightens me,
take me by the hand,
put your hand on my shoulder
and let me know you're there...

When my spirit flags and my pace slows,
give me your shoulder to rest on...

When I need to make a turn
show me which way to go,
give me the courage to turn
and teach me not to look back...

Take me down the just path, Lord;
lead me on the road to truth;
guide me along the highway of honesty;
give me strength to walk humbly
and in the ways of integrity...

Help me to see that the only path worth walking
is the one that leads me to you
and to serve my neighbor...

On every street and road I walk
help me be kind to those whose paths cross mine
and open my heart to any help they offer me
as we make our way, side by side...

It's morning, Lord,
and it's Monday!

I'm getting up now -
to have that cup of coffee...

Will you join me, Lord?



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!