8/15/13

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 8/16




Lord,
I know you speak to me all day long
and even through the night
while I'm asleep...

You speak in my prayer,
in my heart, my mind and my dreams,
in my hopes and fears, in my thoughts
and in my conscience...

Sometimes your voice is loud and clear
but often it's hushed and subtle,
just a whisper,
a quiet shifting in my soul...

Sometimes I hear you plainly
but I often miss the word you speak:
the volume of life around me
is turned so high and full
I can hardly hear myself think
let alone listen for you and hear
your voice and the words you speak
within me...

Help me find a time and place today, Lord,
to turn down the volume,
all the noise around me,
and listen carefully
for the word you speak to me
today...



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!