8/16/13

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 8/17







Here's the bottom line, Lord:
no one's more important
in the story of my life
than you...

So many characters in my tale, Lord,
and I often put myself first
but no one's more important
in the story of my life
than you...

Sometimes I put others first,
the ones I love,
I put them before myself
(and that's good)
but I often put them before you
and the truth is, Lord,
no one's more important
in the story of my life
than you...

Sometimes it's things I put first:
things I have, things I need, things I want,
or things I might give others
but above all things I might desire,
nothing's more important
in the story of my life
than you, Lord...

When I put you in at second place
or third or fourth or lower,
my story twists and turns and fails
to find the peace it seeks...

But in those moments when I put you first
then deep within I know: all's well,
all's well and all things shall be well
for you're my Lord and God
and I'm your child, your own,
the apple of your eye
and in the story of my life
no one's more important than you, Lord,
no one's more important than you...





 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!