8/6/13

Pause for Prayer: WEDNESDAY 8/7

Photo by Marshall Neilson

Audio for today's Pause for Prayer

 
This summer, Lord, I pray I'll  find
just one gray speckled egg rock
- and one will be enough...

I pray its cool, smooth surface
bless my palms on a warm day
while my fingers weigh the mystery
of how it came to be:
the mystery of confetti soft-embedded
in a stone rolled smooth by shifting tides
and polished on a sandy beach...

I pray my eyes and heart will open wide
in awe that such a gift should wash ashore
and land at my bare feet...

I pray I'll wonder as a child does
how such a treasure could be mine to hold, to own, 
to prize upon a shelf of memories in my heart...

I pray for just a day to hunt for rocks and shells
and sea glass frosted by the briny foam:
all gems and jewels strewn by your own hand...

This summer, Lord, I pray I'll find
just one gray speckled egg rock
- and one will be enough...
______________________________________
(If this post helped you pause to pray today,
please share it with others...)




   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!