9/18/13

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 9/19

Image source

Audio for today's Pause for Prayer


I take so many things for granted, Lord:
my life, my health, my work,
my family and my friends;
the freedom of my homeland;
the roof over my head and the food on my table...

Help me grow in appreciation and gratitude
for all that I have, for all that comes my way each day,
for the bounty I enjoy in this world
where so many go without...

Help me grow in generosity in sharing all I have
when so often I have so much more than I need
and even sometimes more than I want...

Help me simplify, simplify, simplify!

And most of all, Lord,
help me not take YOU for granted...

Help me not take your love for granted
even though you give it so freely...

Help me not take your patience for granted,
excusing myself for how slowly I change
and grow in trust and faith...

Help me not take your pardon for granted:
I don't deserve or merit your mercy -
the greatest gift I could ever receive...

Help me not take your presence for granted:
you never leave my side
no matter how often or how far I wander from your path...

Help me not take anything about you for granted, Lord,
for there is in my life nothing greater
than the hope I find in your love for me...

Amen.

Image source



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!