9/23/13

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 9/24

Image source

Audio for today's Pause for Prayer



Lord, you keep track of all my sorrows,
you have collected all my tears in your jar,
you have recorded each one in your book...
(Psalm 56:8)

You know all my comings and goings:
you know when and where I hide
and when I flee, hoping to outrun,
to hide from even you...

You know all the twists and turns
my path has traced,
you've not missed a single step I've taken,
nor forgotten any misstep I've made...

You store my tears in a jar,
salty memories of my cries to you
in sadness, pain and fear
and now and then
the tears I wept in joy...

I am not alone, Lord:
never am I alone...

You're always in my heart and by my side, 
your hand is ever on my shoulder,
gently guiding and showing me the way
to what is true, to what is pure, to what is good...

I'm not alone, Lord:
you follow all my wanderings,
you record my journey's story,
you wipe way the tears upon my face
and those I cry within my heart...

You are always by my side, Lord:
I am not alone,
never am I alone...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!