11/1/13

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY - All Souls' Day



Lord,
I lift up to you my family members,
loved ones and friends who have died...

I take the time to lift them up by name...

(Take time to remember, even to write down,
the names of those for whom you pray today...)

You know each of them by name, Lord:
your love for them far exceeds my own,
even those I've loved the most...

I entrust them to your mercy
and pray that you and all who've gone before them
will welcome them to heaven's joy...

Make safe their journey from this life to the next
and embrace them with the peace that only you can give,
the peace that has no end...

And give me the grace I need, Lord,
to live my life in faith and by your word
that one day you might welcome me to your kingdom
where I'll be one with you
and one again with those for whom I pray today...

Amen.



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!