12/20/13

Pause for Prayer: O Radiant Dawn

Image source

Audio for today's Pause for Prayer


In the last seven days of Advent the Church prays with seven "titles" of the Lord in anticipation of celebrating his birth at Christmas.  During this week before Christmas my Pause for Prayer will reflect each day on one of these titles, the first of which is Wisdom; the second, Adonai; the third, Root of Jesse; the fourth, Key of David; the fifth, today, Radiant Dawn...

Isaiah had prophesied, “The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; upon those who dwelt in the land of gloom a light has shown.” (9:1).


O Radiant Dawn 

Rise like the dawn, Lord:
let the rays of your sun
warm any chill in my heart,
any sadness in my soul...

Disperse the gloomy clouds of fear

and the shadows of anxiety:
chase from the corners of my heart
whatever keeps me from the joy you offer me...

Draw me out of my dreary darkness
and into the light of your presence:
let me know the peace that daylight brings,

the cleansing grace of sunlight...

Let no darkness shadow my heart's hope

but rather open up my soul, Lord,
to all things bright and beautiful,
to your light and warmth alive within me...

In these dark December days
and in all the seasons of my soul,
d
raw near, Lord, be a lamp, a light
upon my wintry path...


Amen. 




 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!