12/12/13

Back in the day in downtown Danvers, MA

Photo by Lon Blais

Here's a photo of downtown Danvers, MA as I knew it as a child (1950's).  My sister and I would do all our Christmas shopping in one night in "the square."  Almost all of that shopping was done at Woolworth's five-and-ten, the store on the right hand side of this image.  Hair nets for our grandmother, pipe cleaners for my grandfather and costume jewelery or a fancy hanky for our aunts...

So many wonderful memories in this photo!



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

2 comments:

  1. I have similar memories from the 1950s ....Christmas shopping in the Woolworth of downtown Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For several years in a row I bought my mother Evening in Paris perfume in a cobalt blue heart-shaped bottle for her Christmas gift. I don't remember at which dime store I purchased it. High Point, NC had three! I don't know what it smelled like. I just liked the bottle, and my mother was kind enough each year to always thank me profusely!

    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!