2/23/14

Monday Morning Offering: February 24


Image: George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

This Monday morning, Lord, 
I'm wondering:
What if... ?

What if…
I accepted all the love you offer me?
How would I change and grow?
How would my relationships change and grow?
How would I be a different person?

What if…
I surrendered to the truth of your Word and wisdom?
How would my thinking change?
How would my understanding change?
How would my decisions and choices be different?

What if…
I stopped to listen 
and really tried to hear what you ask of me?
What would I hear?
What would I do differently?
What new turns might my life take?

What if…
I saw you in every face I meet?
Especially in the faces where I cannot find you now?
How would my day change? my plans?
With whom would I be spending my time?

What if…
I named and counted my sins
and prayed  and asked for your mercy?
How would my heart be changed?
How might I become more forgiving of others?

What if…
I put others' needs ahead of my own for a whole week?
How would my priorities readjust?
What would I need to let go of?
How would such a week be different than last week?

What if…
I bared my soul to your healing touch?
Would I dare look at my wounds?
What would it be like to let go my pain?
What joy might fill my heart?

What if…
I walked only the path you map out for me?
Where would you lead me? Where would I go?
How would my direction change?
Who and what would I leave behind?

What if…
I trusted you, Lord?
What if I trusted your love for me?
What if I trusted your plan for me?
What if I trusted that I am yours
and that you will never abandon me,
that you will always be with me
and that by your side I have nothing to fear?

What if, Lord…  
what if?

Receive my morning offering, Lord:
that I might come
to see you more clearly,
love you more dearly
and follow you more nearly,
I offer myself into your hands -
do with me this day as you will...

For whatever you do, Lord, I thank you:
make me ready for whatever you ask
and open me to receive the help you offer me
this morning, this day and through the week ahead...

Amen.






 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!