2/13/14

Pause for Prayer on Valentine's Day



Here are ten Valentines from God: sent to all of us, intended for each of us.  Perhaps you'll forward or share this post with others who might be grateful today for reminders of how much they're loved.  Each of these ten little Valentines might be a way for us to Pause for Prayer on this 14th day of February.  (If you want to send a Valentine to God, see this earlier post.)


God's Valentines for You 

  No one has loved you longer than I do:
        I loved you before you were born or conceived,
           I loved you before time began... 

  No one holds you closer than I do:
         I'm right by your side 24/7/365,
            I'm truly your Best Friend Forever...

  No one loves you more faithfully than I do:
         my love for you is unfailing,
            I love you with no strings attached...

  No one loves you more wisely than I do:
        I guide you through all of your troubles,
           my wisdom and truth are your peace...

  No one loves you more mercifully than I do:
        I freely forgive you and forgive you again,
           I will never walk out or give up on you...

  No one loves you more deeply than I do:
        I dwell in your heart of hearts,
           I'm right at home in the depths of your soul...

  No one loves you more joyfully than I do,
        I delight in the person I made you to be,
           I love you more than you know or imagine...

  No one loves you more passionately than I do,
          I gave my Beloved out of love for you:
            now I call you my chosen, my child, my own...

  No one loves you more graciously than I do:
           I love you more than anyone else ever has,
              more than anyone else ever could or ever will...
         
No one loves you more fully than I do
         for indeed, I Am Love: I abide in you
           and you in me, for ever and ever.  Amen.   



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:

  1. Happy St. Valentine's Day, Fr. Fleming.

    Thank you for this lovely post.

    God bless you always.

    Beth Lorenz

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!