2/5/14

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 2/6




Who doesn't long and pray
for restful nights and peaceful days?

Who doesn't hope and wait an end
to days of worried fears and pray
for nights of good, deep sleep?

Has anyone a heart not aching
to be known, loved, accepted -
no strings attached?

Do I know another whose desires
are that much different than my own?

We're all much more alike than we are not:
in our souls our similarities 
outnumber our disparities...

From the same place deep within
we share a common thirst,
and only those who know our hunger
know the love that feeds our heart...
Help me, Lord, to see, to know and nourish
all the hearts of those around me,
and open up my heart to all
who'd love and feed and nourish me... 

Amen.



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!