3/14/14

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 3/14



A prayer for those in my family
and for those at work, at school and in my neighborhood
and for all whose paths cross mine...

As I come back to you, Lord,
with all my heart this Lent,
help me lift the burdens others carry
as we travel side by side...

Open up my heart to see
how my own burdens will be lighter
if I reach and help my neighbors
carry what they bear...

Open wide my eyes that I not miss
my neighbor's spirit bent
beneath the weight of troubles
hidden from plain view...

Open up my ears to hear the silent cry
that calls from others' hearts
when they cannot find the breath,
the words they need, to ask for help...

Open then my timid lips to speak
what words might help and heal -
but let me know when quiet presence
whispers all that needs be said...

Open full my arms to catch the falling:
lifting up, embracing them
with strength and prayer and hope
to help them face another day...

Open wide our hearts to one another, Lord,
as we return to you this Lent,
for when we give our hearts away
we give our whole heart back to you...

A prayer for those in my family
and for those at work, at school and in my neighborhood
and for all whose paths cross mine...


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!