3/29/14

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 3/30


It's Laetare Sunday, the halfway point of Lent.
There are two ways to look at this day:
"Lent is half over!" - or - "We're halfway to Easter!"

Or both!

Today the somber purple of Lent is lightened to rose...
Today the entrance chant calls us to rejoice,
even in this season of sacrifice and penance...

Sometimes life is like this:
calling us to rejoice when our hearts are heavy...


Lord, help me find the joy of your Spirit when things aren't going well...

help me find your consoling peace when I'm burdened with grief...

help me find refuge in you when I don't know where to turn...

help me find the gift of faith when my mind is filled with doubt...

help me find your wisdom when I don't know what to do...

help me find new hope in you when it seems all hope is gone...

help me find your grace and strength when I'm surrounded by temptation...

help me find your love when I'm angry and resentful...

help me know your presence when I'm feeling most alone...

help me find joy in the middle of Lent, halfway to Easter...





     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!