7/27/14

Monday Morning Offering: JULY 28


Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

So many things, Lord...
so many good things
so many important things
so many necessary things
so many sacred things
deserve my time, my attention and my heart...

So many tasks, Lord...
so many responsibilities
so many meetings
so many emails, texts and conversations
so many gatherings and rites...
demand my time, my attention and my heart... 

So many people, Lord...
so many good people
so many hurting people
so many faithful people
so many people entrusted to my care
stake their claim upon my time, my attention and my heart...

And it's through and with and in
   these things and tasks and people
that I find you, who above all others, Lord,
   demand, lay claim to and deserve
      my time, my attention and my heart...

And for all of this  praise and thank you...

But then there comes vacation
   with its quiet, restful nights and days...

Away from all the ordinary busyness
   I find you where you always are,
      where I often, easily miss you
in all that crowds my scheduled life...

I find you in my spirit, not in things...
I find you in my rest, not in my work...
I find you not in others but alone,
   with little else to stake a claim
upon my time, on my attention, on my heart,
on all that's yours and all that you deserve...

For these peaceful days I thank you, Lord,
   and offer you my praise for such a gift...

And when vacation ends, Lord, I pray
   you'll help me find some time each day
apart from people, work and things:
   time to find my rest and peace in you alone...

Amen.





     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!