7/24/14

Word for the Weekend: JULY 27

Image source

What would you give, or give up, for this pearl?

The question isn't mine -- it's the Lord's -- and you'll hear him ask it in this Sunday's gospel:
The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant
searching for fine pearls.
When he finds a pearl of great price,
he goes and sells all that he has and buys it. 
What treasure do I fantasize?  seek?  work for?  collect?  hoard?

What's the finest, most costly "pearl" I seek in my life?

What am I doing to find it?  to secure it?  to possess it?

What am I willing to give up for that treasure?

For what would I give up all else?

Is the kingdom of heaven something I treasure?

Or not?
For a look at all three of Sunday's readings (and some helpful commentary on them), check here.
Bringing children to church with you?  Look here for hints to help prepare them to hear the Lord's Word this weekend.




   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to Sue and Thom for pointing out my misposting of references for the coming Sunday's scriptures!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!