8/28/14

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 8/29

Image source

You know all my pet peeves, Lord,
and probably some I've yet to discover...

You know the little things that others do
that tick me off, light my fuse
and push my buttons...

You know the things that irritate and aggravate,
exasperate, infuriate and agitate
- me -
as if I were the center of the universe
whom all should handle with kid gloves
- especially when it comes to things,
the little things,
that grate on me and my way of doing things,
my way of saying things,
my way of wanting things to go...

My pet peeves, Lord: my bugbears,
my personal vexations, my petty hang-ups,
and my obsessions reveal me as self-centered,
demanding, proud, conceited;
they make me overbearing, smug and pompous...

So, help me see my pet peeves, all of them,
for what they often are: arrogant presumptions
about how the world would be
had it been made as I would have it...

Make me humble, Lord, and modest,
accepting of my neighbors' faults
respectful of their ways of doing things and saying things,
the little things, that differ from my own...

Relieve me of the notion that my way's always best,
that my first thought is brilliant,
that my way is the only way,
that I am always right...

Let no small matters come between
my neighbor and myself
for when they do, then clearly, Lord,
they come twixt you and me...


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!