9/22/14

Monday Morning Offering: 9/22


Image: George Mendoza

 
Good morning, good God!

So much of my prayer
is a kind of give and take, Lord:
I offer you something
and I ask, I hope, for something in return...

Today's no different, so please be patient
with how little I seem to have to offer
and how much I know I need from you...

I offer you this day's challenges
and pray for strength to accept and meet them...

I offer you my failures and pray for 

humility to see them
and grace to rise above them -
and to try again to tomorrow...

I offer you what sorrows are mine today
and pray that I carry them with hope...

As I offer you my joys this day,
help me put the happiness of others
ahead of my own...

I offer you my fears this day
and pray for courage
to make it through the night and to tomorrow...

I offer you this day's unexpected problems, Lord,
and pray for patience to cope with them...

I offer you my laziness this day
and pray for you to shake and waken me
to this day's opportunities to live fully,
change gracefully
and become the person you made me to be ...

I offer you my eyes, Lord:
let me see the world around me

as you see it...

I offer you my ears:
help me hear the cry 

of those in need...

I offer you my voice:
use my words for healing
and for making peace...

I offer you my thoughts:
bless them with your Spirit's wisdom...

I offer you my imagination:
keep it true and pure

and at the service of your grace...

I offer you my hands:
work through me, Lord, 

for good of others...

I offer you my feet:
lead my steps on the path

you've marked out just for me...

I offer you my heart, Lord:
mold and shape it
according to your Word...

I offer you this day, Lord,
for this is the day that you have made,
the day you've given me,
the only day I have 

today...

Keep me in today, Lord,
and keep my days, always, 

in your loving hands and care...

Amen.






   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!