9/15/14

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 9/15

Sunrise over Quincy Bay: photo by Bob Bowers
(Click on photo for a larger version)

As your rising sun shines on a new day's path,
     break through the darkness of my nights, Lord...

Break through the darkness of my fear
      and all that keeps me from becoming who I am...

Break through the hardness of my heart
     and let me hear the word you whisper in my prayer...

Break through my blind and stubborn will
     and help me see your plan and purpose for my life...

Break through my anger and resentment:
     tame my bitterness, my temper and impatience...

Break through the clouds that dim my hope
     and give me confidence and faith and trust in you...

Break through my pretense and my pride:
     help me accept and own myself for who I am...

Break through the walls that keep me in
    and through the walls that keep my neighbor out...

Break through the fears that haunt my dreams:
     give me serenity, good rest and peace of mind...

Break through the darkness of my night, Lord,
     as your sun breaks through to light a new day's path...

Amen.



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!