9/1/14

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 9/2

Image source

Lord,
we walk through days and nights
with secret fears and griefs,
with worries and problems unknown

to even those who stand right by our side...

So often we don't know how heavy burdened 
are the minds and hearts, the souls
of those who live with us, next door to us, 
who work and go to school with us...

But we all know the pain of being hurt
when others have no way of knowing
the turmoil in our hearts...

Lord, help me be gentle today 
and understanding of all whose paths cross mine:  
remind me that their burdens are at least as many,
at least as heavy, as the ones I bear myself... 

Make me gentle with my neighbors, Lord:
tending others' grief and binding up their wounds
'til restoring one another 
make us whole and healed in you...

Amen.





   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!